We had thanksgiving here in Victoria this year. Heather and the girls came down and stayed at mom and dad's in Edna. Cadyn and I spent some time over there, we all walked through the neighborhood, played in the yard, just spent some quality family time together. With three kids, that's not always easy! It was nice for Heather and I to catch up.
Here are the three girls - Claire Bear, Cady Bug and Aubrey Faye!
While we were in Edna, Heather found the yellow bowl. This is not just any yellow bowl, but THE yellow bowl. The most important thing about Thanksgiving is my mom's stuffing. And for as long as any of us can remember, she always mixed the stuffing in the yellow bowl. It's amazing how when I was younger I thought the bowl was huge! I can remember sitting at the bar watching her crumbled the bread and mix everything together. So now, whoever gets to make the stuffing for Thanksgiving, has to do so in THE yellow bowl.
Cadyn, however, didn't quite understand the concept of making the stuffing. Instead, she thought I brought the bowl home for her to play with! Here we are carrying the bowl.
Here we are putting our puppy in the bowl.

Here we are playing the bowl like a drum. She is drumming so fast the spoon looks like a blur!

And here we are sitting in the bowl. Yes, this picture resulted in spinning which ultimately resulted in Cadyn wanting to sit and spin in any bowl, regardless of size.
And of course, we have to wear the bowl as a hat.

Finally, the bowl is used for the stuffing! Here is Bug helping me mix the stuffing, which turned out great, by the way. I will admit that I did get emotional thinking about my mom's hands mixing the stuffing just as Bug and I were in the same bowl. Aren't traditions great?

As I am making this post, I realize that I don't have any other pictures from Thanksgiving - the actual meal, family, etc!
But, I do have a few pictures from Thanksgiving night. Charlie Robison played at Schroeder that night and Heather, Chris, Jona and I all had a much needed date night. Special thanks to Dad, Geni, Joey and Zoe for watching the girls. We had a blast - almost too much fun!
Here are Heather and Chris before the concert. This was a special date for them as they went to see Charlie Robison in Austin on their very first date. Awwww. And Chris made sure he told Charlie that in between songs. Charlie was impressed I'm sure.

And here are Jona and I after the concert. Doesn't it look like Jona had fun? He is so not a dancer - but he did pull through for me. Or maybe he is just happy because we were finally going home?
And one more, sisters. Can we get an awww one more time? This was at the end of the night. Did I mention we had a good time?








No comments:
Post a Comment