Sunday, March 1, 2009

ODDS AND ENDS

no theme, no relevance, just cuteness!



Ready to go! Our new thing is to say "cheese" when we see the camera - a huge milestone given that anytime we said cheese (or jesus or bees or keys etc.), Bug would run to the fridge. Oh how far we have come! Here she is saying cheese or maybe leaves, given that there seems to be an abundance. I wonder who's house we are at? Certainly not our own! :)

Shooting hoops with daddy at Gigi's while visiting with Gigi and Grandpa. Basketball was pretty short lived as Bug preferred to sit on the back of the basketball goal and play with a grasshopper.
Um, did someone say stickers? Shortly after the stickers inhabited Cadyn's arms and legs, they migrated to our sliding glass doors. I think a couple may have ended up on Maddey as well. Don't you love the pose?

Perfect window seat. Wait, there are those leaves again. Seriously, who's house is this? Can someone get them a rake? :)






And finally, for your reading and viewing pleasure, we will leave you with this lovely story. Cute smile, huh? The flash is a little too bright for you to see the full effect of rug burn on Bug's forehead, the blood in her mouth, the tears on her cheeks and cut on her tongue. Couldn't guess that only moments before I took this picture, Cadyn was screaming horribly in her room.


Yep, we had our first "out of bed" experience. Let me preface by saying that Bug is 20 months and has been enjoying the terrible two's for some time now. We are going through what I like to call the "power struggle" phase. Sure hope this ends quickly and certainly doesn't continue for our entire lives, right? We can only wish.


Anywho, I digress. I put Cadyn down for the night and suprise, she didn't want to go to sleep. Bug proceeded to exercise her lungs with some intense screaming and hollering, much to our delight. As Jona and I are talking in the living room, we hear a thud and just thought that she threw one of her books out of her crib. Yeah, we get pretty mad sometimes and throw things. Fun. She was still screaming pretty fierce and as I walked to her room to check, I found her sitting on the floor! In a fit of anger, she managed to push herself over the edge of her crib! Not what I expected to see at all. After watching her in her crib later that night, we don't think she tried to climb out, but was just leaning over a little too far. So, we kept her awake for a while just to make sure, gave her a popsicle to soothe her tongue, and then lowered the crib after we realized it wasn't as low as it could be. Here's a pic of daddy and his helper. Can't tell that anything happened, can you?


As a result, Jona and I both realize that our methods of containment are becoming few and far between. Before we know it she will actually try to climb out of the crib instead of falling out and then we'll have to go to a regular bed, which means that she will pretty much have free reign of the house. Can't wait for that!


Always an adventure.


Enjoy!

No comments: